Note: that is historical data, I am not selling HTMLayout anymore – use Sciter as it is a superset and next major version of HTMLayout
HTMLayout used its own lightweight HTML rendering engine that had:
- Fast HTML rendering with very short readiness times.
- HTML and CSS enhanced for screen layout tasks. %% units and expandable backgrounds allow to use more flexible and “screen oriented” layout schemas.
- Custom behaviors API allow you to define how HTML elements will be drawn, react on keyboard and mouse events.
- Low level interaction with the host application. No intermediate component technologies involved. Just pure API calls, like in any other native Windows common controls. HtmLayout uses WM_NOTIFY mechanism for interacting with the host window.
- Small distribution size: HtmLayout.dll is about 600KB uncompressed.
- No dependencies from installed browsers on client PC.